- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
The Algae Annihilator. Saving summer one pool at a time! The smell of algae was in the air, and the cries of a pool – once shimmering with joy – could be heard. A shrieking alarm rang in the laboratory of The Algae Annihilator, and without hesitation he was behind the wheel of his…
They might be cute and cuddly, but when it comes to pool maintenance – ducks are yuck. So, waddle be the best practice for not only getting them out of your pool, but deterring them completely? BioGuard AlgiGuard As a quat-based algaecide that lowers the surface tension to help repel ducks and insects, BioGuard AlgiGuard…
If your pool has a case of the ‘algaes’, you’ll need to bring it back to health as soon as possible. The longer you leave it – the more unwell it’ll become and the more expensive it gets to bring it back to life. The most effective way to remedy your pool is through a…
Spring! What a great time of the year to get back in the yard and do a bit of pool cleaning – especially if maintenance has taken a back seat through winter. Let BioGuard put some of that springtime sparkle back in your pool. Clean your baskets and filters No one likes a clogged filter…
If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
As island nations, swimming is engrained in both Australian and New Zealand culture. Whether it’s enjoying a dip in the famed Bondi or Piha Beaches, or it’s spending a few hours a week chasing the black line, it’s part of who we are. And although every type of workout has its selling points, swimming is unlike any…
Picturesque Pools From Around The World
It is finally the end of winter. And for the team at BioGuard, that means it’s the end of many nights by the heater or in the spa, yearning for a sunny day by the pool. And maybe it’s wishful thinking, but all that warm weather dreaming helped us find our new favourite picturesque pools…
It’s over; winter is finally over – and we couldn’t be happier! It means shorter nights, warmer temperatures, and the triumphant return of the swimming pool – it’s an exciting time of the year. For many of us though, winter is the time of the year where our pool maintenance falls to the wayside. Thankfully,…
2017 has delivered a strange winter, with less rain and warmer temperatures. And this doesn’t bode well with experts who claim that this will continue into spring and beyond. So, what can you do now – in winter – to combat these drier spells? Send In The Tanks Rainwater is one of the most valuable…
Swimming in winter
A small splash, closely followed by a loud gasp for air and, of course some form of regret… That’s what most people associate with swimming through winter – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Just because it’s cold and unpleasant outside doesn’t mean your pool has to be. With these simple tips and guidelines…
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- The Great BioGuard Summer Getaway!
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump