- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading Time: 2 Minutes – To make the most of your pool this summer, it’s essential that you keep your maintenance program on track. Regular treatment and maintenance will ensure your pool performs at its peak during the weeks of scorching hot weather. If you are interested in receiving a personalised treatment plan, head into your…
Let’s make it clear; when it comes to pool filtration, it’s vital that you use the best filter media on the market to keep your pool water healthy. For this reason, we’re thrilled that Activated Filter Media (AFM®), is available exclusively from BioGuard in Australia and New Zealand. Give your pool filter the first class…
Is your pool water being a real itch? Swimming should only be a good time. If your pool water is irritating your skin it’s time do something about it – stat! Firstly, if you have super sensitive skin, it’s essential to shower straight after swimming in a pool, washing off any chemical residue. Chemistry Supremacy…
There are plenty of swimming pool myths floating around, and we know that when it comes to your pool – you want the facts. So, here at BioGuard, we took the liberty of debunking those myths. From now on, feel free to refer to us as the BioGuard Mythbusters! Waiting an Hour to Swim After…
Spring has sprung, and it’s finally safe to leave the comfort of your own home. And this warmer weather means one thing – it’s nearly pool season! It’s the perfect time to start thinking about your poolside entertaining, and getting organised now will mean you can relax and enjoy yourself when guests are over. Safety…
Shine on! Like magpies, we all love a bit of sparkle, but most importantly we all love sparkly pool water. So, what do you do when this sparkle fades? Our handy hints will keep your pool sparkling year-round. If your pool water loses its shine, it can cause discomfort or irritation to swimmers. So, it’s…
Spring is on our doorstep. If you’ve been ignoring your pool this winter, it’s time to give it some TLC. Life gets busy and we know it can be difficult to keep your pool maintained year-round. If you’ve let your pool maintenance slip – never fear, we have you covered with these tips that will…
Bad weather will not only ruin your mood, it can lead to debris, dirt and other pollutants ending up in your pool. If a storm is brewing – don’t fret – we’ve got you covered when it comes to protecting and preparing your pool. The Calm Before the Storm Keep your water levels up. In…
In frosty July, can you think of anything better than plunging into a hot bubbly spa? Relaxing in your spa is a brilliant winter activity that the whole family can enjoy. However, with great fun comes great responsibility. At BioGuard, we want you to enjoy your spa safely, especially when little ones are involved. We’ve…
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- The Great BioGuard Summer Getaway!
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump