- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Spring is on our doorstep. If you’ve been ignoring your pool this winter, it’s time to give it some TLC. Life gets busy and we know it can be difficult to keep your pool maintained year-round. If you’ve let your pool maintenance slip – never fear, we have you covered with these tips that will…
Bad weather will not only ruin your mood, it can lead to debris, dirt and other pollutants ending up in your pool. If a storm is brewing – don’t fret – we’ve got you covered when it comes to protecting and preparing your pool. The Calm Before the Storm Keep your water levels up. In…
In frosty July, can you think of anything better than plunging into a hot bubbly spa? Relaxing in your spa is a brilliant winter activity that the whole family can enjoy. However, with great fun comes great responsibility. At BioGuard, we want you to enjoy your spa safely, especially when little ones are involved. We’ve…
In the interest of saving a buck, it can be tempting to use leftover pool chemicals to maintain your spa or swim spa. At a glance, pool and spa chemicals appear to share similar ingredients, which begs the question: which chemicals are suitable for my swim spa? And can I use pool chemicals in the…
Nobody wants to spend more money than they have to – when it comes to the costs of running a spa this is no exception! This winter it’s time for you to implement energy saving strategies that ensure your time in the spa won’t come at an extra cost! Here are our top energy saving…
You’ve tried it all; changing the water, scrubbing your spa surfaces, using the right balancing chemicals, but nothing seems to keep the water clear for long. As well as being a source of enjoyment for you, your friends and family, spas, in essence, are also an aesthetic feature in your backyard. Let’s face it, nobody…
While we all wish we could just fill up the spa and leave it for the season, the reality is that, just like a swimming pool, your spa requires love and care so that you can maximise your enjoyment and prolong the life of your spa equipment. It’s for this reason that spa water testing…
No matter the season, your pool always requires a great deal of love and care, but this is especially true for the cooler months when you might not be using it as frequently. Whether you intend to close your pool or keep it open over winter, there are some steps that you should take to…
Your swimming pool probably isn’t the centre of your attention now that the weather has cooled down, but don’t forget about your pool just yet! Autumn and winter are the ideal times for making larger pool improvements that will make it easier to jump straight into the pool next season. Here are some things you could do…
- Does water testing matter?
- Kit out your Pool this Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- The Great BioGuard Summer Getaway!
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump