- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
There are so many important elements involved in maintaining your pool, one that immediately comes to mind is chlorine. Chlorine is responsible for making AND KEEPING your pool water healthy and safe to swim in. Without it, your pool would be filled with an excess of nasty bacteria that can cause anything from a slight…
Everyone knows it; you know it, your family knows it, your colleagues know it. Skin cancer is one of the most common and devastating health issues in Australia, with two in three Aussies diagnosed by the time they’re 70 and more than 750,000 treated for life-threatening melanomas each year. But, a majority of skin cancers…
Healthy Pool Tips For A Sparkling Summer It’s no surprise that your pool is the centrepiece of your home during the summer months. However, with great fun, comes great responsibility – the added pressure of having your pool ready for use 24/7. So, to make the upkeep easy, try these five products for a healthy…
New Year’s Resolutions; everyone makes them. Whether you’re saving money, spending time with the family, or speaking Portuguese – you’re looking at 2018 with resolve. And at BioGuard, we don’t do things by halves. In fact, when it comes to New Year’s Resolutions, we do things in threes! Introducing, BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions.…
The Algae Annihilator. Saving summer one pool at a time! The smell of algae was in the air, and the cries of a pool – once shimmering with joy – could be heard. A shrieking alarm rang in the laboratory of The Algae Annihilator, and without hesitation he was behind the wheel of his…
They might be cute and cuddly, but when it comes to pool maintenance – ducks are yuck. So, waddle be the best practice for not only getting them out of your pool, but deterring them completely? BioGuard AlgiGuard As a quat-based algaecide that lowers the surface tension to help repel ducks and insects, BioGuard AlgiGuard…
If your pool has a case of the ‘algaes’, you’ll need to bring it back to health as soon as possible. The longer you leave it – the more unwell it’ll become and the more expensive it gets to bring it back to life. The most effective way to remedy your pool is through a…
Spring! What a great time of the year to get back in the yard and do a bit of pool cleaning – especially if maintenance has taken a back seat through winter. Let BioGuard put some of that springtime sparkle back in your pool. Clean your baskets and filters No one likes a clogged filter…
It’s over; winter is finally over – and we couldn’t be happier! It means shorter nights, warmer temperatures, and the triumphant return of the swimming pool – it’s an exciting time of the year. For many of us though, winter is the time of the year where our pool maintenance falls to the wayside. Thankfully,…
- Does water testing matter?
- Kit out your Pool this Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- The Great BioGuard Summer Getaway!
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump