- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
It’s time to make your spa the focal point and throw a party! However, spa parties can result in a dirty spa… So – with a big clean up on the cards – what’s the most efficient way to tackle a filthy spa head on with some effective spa cleaning? The Pre-Party Foremost, it’s important…
2017 has delivered a strange winter, with less rain and warmer temperatures. And this doesn’t bode well with experts who claim that this will continue into spring and beyond. So, what can you do now – in winter – to combat these drier spells? Send In The Tanks Rainwater is one of the most valuable…
Defined as the use of water to enhance health and wellbeing, hydrotherapy has been used for thousands of years to prevent and treat disease, relieve stress and tension, and boost muscle recovery. From Roman Soldiers bathing in hot wells to help them recover from war, to the Ancient Greeks building hospitals around hot springs, hydrotherapy…
We all need a bit of balance in our lives July gets a bad rap. Often associated with dreary, cold, wet, miserable weather, it’s also the most common month of the year for people to call in sick for work. But, can we really blame this on winter? Or is a poor ‘work-life balance’ the…
Whether for relaxation, entertaining, exercise, family or couples time, choosing your new spa should be a lot of fun. But as with any big-ticket purchase, selecting the right spa for your lifestyle, means making a few well thought out decisions. Only pick the essentials How much do you want to spend? Knowing your budget and…
Nothing thaws the soul like a soak in the spa. Just as nothing ruins that soak like a poorly maintained spa. And as we dive further into autumn, bracing ourselves for the winter chill, spa maintenance becomes more and more important. So whether you just need a brief reminder, or you’ve neglected your spa over…
In the past 5 years, around 330 Australian children have tragically lost their lives through drowning in pools. That’s 330 Australian families, torn apart in horrible yet preventable circumstances. With summer approaching and 50% of these drownings occurring in residential pools, we have provided the following checklist to make sure you’re ready for the swimming…
When it comes to pools, we like to think we’re quite knowledgeable! We’re asked a vast array of questions daily particularly regarding chemical treatment for pools. So, we thought we’d share a few of the most commonly asked questions. Of course we love hearing from you, so if you have any queries please don’t hesitate…
We could all use a break from our busy lives. However finding the perfect spot to relax, take a load off and just forget about the constant rush can be hard for some people; especially when going for a walk, having a drink or napping on the couch isn’t enough. Fortunately, a soak in the…
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- The Great BioGuard Summer Getaway!
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump