- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading time: 1:25 Spring has sprung, which means summer is just around the corner! You’ll probably be ready to go swimming in the pool very soon. But, is the pool ready for you to take a dip? If the answer is no, don’t panic, we can help your pool get back to its sparkling self…
Reading time: 1:15 – One look out the window, and the last thing you’re probably thinking about right now is going for a swim in your pool! But a few simple maintenance steps now, will ensure you can dive right in when the temperature heats up again and you’re not stuck with cleaning when you…
Reading time: 3:10 – For most of us, the ‘pool of our dreams’ includes the surrounding garden. Here, we explain how to create the perfect pool and spa backyard experience – and add value to your investment! Create a setting Two things to remember – yes, you want to create a space that’s utterly relaxing…
Reading time: 2:40 – Anyone who’s had swimming lessons can attest, the pungent smell of a chlorinated pool can be overwhelming. But did you know that the chemical smell isn’t what you think it is? You probably think what you’re smelling is a large dose of chlorine. But in fact, this odour points to the…
Reading time: 3:30 – During a long, hot summer, there’s nothing better than getting some sweet relief by cooling off in the pool! To ensure you don’t get caught out in the heat and your pool is always crystal clear, we’ve put together a summer pool maintenance guide! We recommend following these steps at least…
Reading time: 2:30 – It’s the most wonderful time of the year! We’ve finally gotten over the collective madness that is the holiday season, and now we’re treated to lazy sunny days that turn into beautiful balmy evenings. Which we think calls for one thing… A pool party! But wait – put down that phone!…
Reading time: 3:45 – In our opinion, there’s nothing more unhygienic than swimming in a bacteria-ridden pool! To avoid this germaphobe’s nightmare, pool owners must maintain the correct sanitiser levels in their water at all times. If you’re not sure what pool sanitiser is, it’s the product that works to kill and eliminate any harmful…
Reading time: 2:30 – Don’t let your electricity bills get the better of you this summer! Keep cool, calm and collected and follow our simple tips for an energy efficient pool. Go to the dark side Even the colour of your pool can affect your energy consumption! Darker coloured pool finishes absorb and retain more of…
Reading time: 3:15 – Nothing’s better than enjoying a hot summer’s day by the pool! And if you want to spend the most amount of time poolside, now’s the perfect time to get it in tip-top condition! Here are our tips for getting your pool water sparkling! Water level Check your water level. If it’s…
- Smart pool tips for the silly season
- AFM®ng - a filter media 200% better than sand!
- What to be doin' if a storm's brewin'
- An energy-efficient pool can save a pretty penny
- Keep your pool perfectly balanced
- It's our Sunsational Giveaway!
- Oxidation - bad for fruit, good for your pool
- How to make these guys buzz off
- COVID-Safe Swimming
- A sparkling pool for summer in three simple steps.
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump
- What to do if you go away