- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Picturesque Pools From Around The World
It is finally the end of winter. And for the team at BioGuard, that means it’s the end of many nights by the heater or in the spa, yearning for a sunny day by the pool. And maybe it’s wishful thinking, but all that warm weather dreaming helped us find our new favourite picturesque pools…
It’s over; winter is finally over – and we couldn’t be happier! It means shorter nights, warmer temperatures, and the triumphant return of the swimming pool – it’s an exciting time of the year. For many of us though, winter is the time of the year where our pool maintenance falls to the wayside. Thankfully,…
With the horror bushfire season of summer 2020, we know now more than ever, that water is a precious resource. But what are the best ways for water conservation around the pool? Send In The Tanks Rainwater is one of the most valuable resources you can collect from your home – and it’s free! Although…
Swimming in winter
A small splash, closely followed by a loud gasp for air and, of course some form of regret… That’s what most people associate with swimming through winter – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Just because it’s cold and unpleasant outside doesn’t mean your pool has to be. With these simple tips and guidelines…
Pool maintenance when you’re busy can be a daunting task. Particularly if you’re working longer days or you’re going away for the summer break, pool maintenance is probably the last thing on your mind. And while we get that time is precious, there are a few things you can do to ensure a sparkling pool,…
In the past 5 years, around 330 Australian children have tragically lost their lives through drowning in pools. That’s 330 Australian families, torn apart in horrible yet preventable circumstances. With summer approaching and 50% of these drownings occurring in residential pools, we have provided the following checklist to make sure you’re ready for the swimming…
When it comes to pools, we like to think we’re quite knowledgeable! We’re asked a vast array of questions daily, particularly regarding chemical treatment for pools. So, we thought we’d share a few of the most commonly asked questions. Of course we love hearing from you, so if you have any queries please don’t hesitate…
As the weather cools and the swimming season ends, have you thought about heating your pool so you can enjoy it for longer? The ideal swimming temperature is around 26 degrees. Even in warmer climates, weather fluctuations and cooler nights can stop your pool from warming up enough for regular use, so heating your pool…
Instead of heading to the beach or a public pool next summer, you could have your own pool in the back yard to enjoy every day. If you’ve got the budget and the space, a pool is an incredible addition to your home and is great for exercise, family fun and keeping cool. But installing…
- Smart pool tips for the silly season
- AFM®ng - a filter media 200% better than sand!
- What to be doin' if a storm's brewin'
- An energy-efficient pool can save a pretty penny
- Keep your pool perfectly balanced
- It's our Sunsational Giveaway!
- Oxidation - bad for fruit, good for your pool
- How to make these guys buzz off
- COVID-Safe Swimming
- A sparkling pool for summer in three simple steps.
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump
- What to do if you go away