- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
In frosty July, can you think of anything better than plunging into a hot bubbly spa? Relaxing in your spa is a brilliant winter activity that the whole family can enjoy. However, with great fun comes great responsibility. At BioGuard, we want you to enjoy your spa safely, especially when little ones are involved. We’ve…
In the interest of saving a buck, it can be tempting to use leftover pool chemicals to maintain your spa or swim spa. At a glance, pool and spa chemicals appear to share similar ingredients, which begs the question: which chemicals are suitable for my swim spa? And can I use pool chemicals in the…
Nobody wants to spend more money than they have to – when it comes to the costs of running a spa this is no exception! This winter it’s time for you to implement energy saving strategies that ensure your time in the spa won’t come at an extra cost! Here are our top energy saving…
You’ve tried it all; changing the water, scrubbing your spa surfaces, using the right balancing chemicals, but nothing seems to keep the water clear for long. As well as being a source of enjoyment for you, your friends and family, spas, in essence, are also an aesthetic feature in your backyard. Let’s face it, nobody…
Top Spa Trends for 2018
With the cooler season moving swiftly upon us, now is the perfect time to update your equipment in preparation for a winter well spent in the spa with friends and family! Here are the latest spa trends that you should jump on to make your spa the entertainment showpiece of your backyard! High-Tech Spas If…
While we all wish we could just fill up the spa and leave it for the season, the reality is that, just like a swimming pool, your spa requires love and care so that you can maximise your enjoyment and prolong the life of your spa equipment. It’s for this reason that spa water testing…
2017 was full of surprises. Donald Trump was sworn in as President of the United States, the British voted to Brexit the EU, Australia said ‘Yes’ to same-sex marriage, and – arguably the king of the pool party, Hugh Hefner – passed away. But, more important than any of those revelations are BioGuard’s most popular…
It’s time to make your spa the focal point and throw a party! However, spa parties can result in a dirty spa… So – with a big clean up on the cards – what’s the most efficient way to tackle a filthy spa head on with some effective spa cleaning? The Pre-Party Foremost, it’s important…
2017 has delivered a strange winter, with less rain and warmer temperatures. And this doesn’t bode well with experts who claim that this will continue into spring and beyond. So, what can you do now – in winter – to combat these drier spells? Send In The Tanks Rainwater is one of the most valuable…
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- The Great BioGuard Summer Getaway!
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump