- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading time: 2:40 – You’ve reopened your spa for the winter, and put in a bit of time and effort getting it ready for the season. Now that it’s up and running and your water is crystal clear, do you still need to test your water regularly? The resounding answer is yes, you must test…
Reading time: 2:20 – Running a spa doesn’t have to cost you a fortune! Follow our handy tips for reducing your spa energy costs, and throughout the season, you can enjoy lovely warm soaks without breaking the bank. Put a lid on it! The number one way to reduce your spa energy costs is to…
Reading time: 2:30 – When it comes to treating your spa, sanitiser is your best friend! It’s the product that will keep your water clean and healthy by destroying any bacteria that develops. Bacteria thrive in a warm moist environment, so the hot water of your spa is the perfect breeding ground. By ensuring that…
Reading time: 2:20 – An outdoor spa is a fantastic addition to any backyard, especially if you’re looking to utilise a small space. Your house will quickly become a favourite amongst friends, because what’s better than relaxing in a hot bubbly spa? One of the biggest advantages of owning an outdoor spa is that you’re…
Reading time: 3:30 – Picture this: after coming home from a long and tiring day at work, you jump into a hot bubbly spa with your better half. Can you think of anything more blissful? If you’ve already developed a case of the winter blues, some time in your tub is the perfect remedy! But…
Reading time: 4:40 – We recently took you on a journey through the most spectacular pools in the world. Now we’d like to introduce you to the spa edition! Soaking in a spa is always a luxurious experience, and the beauty of these small vessels is they can fit in the most unlikely of spaces…
Reading time: 2:30 – Winter is fast approaching, and that means cosy nights by the fire, hot chocolates, big woolly scarves and best of all – warm bubbly spas! If you spent your summer splashing in the pool and neglecting your spa maintenance, then you’ll need our guide to bringing it back to life –…
Reading time: 2 minutes – Nothing is better for cold toes or frosty fingers than slipping into a bubbling spa. But when it comes to setting your water temperature, how hot is too hot? Before you touch your control panel, there are a few factors to consider: safety, budget and personal preference. Finding the perfect…
In frosty July, can you think of anything better than plunging into a hot bubbly spa? Relaxing in your spa is a brilliant winter activity that the whole family can enjoy. However, with great fun comes great responsibility. At BioGuard, we want you to enjoy your spa safely, especially when little ones are involved. We’ve…
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- The BioGuard Sweet Summer Giveaway!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump