- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading time: 1:45 mins During the Christmas holidays, families and swimming pools go together like turkey and stuffing. It’s probably the biggest workout your pool will have in the year. So, let us help you make the most of the fun, frolics and festive season with some simple dos and don’ts. Our top 5 tips…
When choosing filter media (sand or glass), there are a few things you’ll want achieve: low operating costs, safe water (no bacteria), clear water, healthy air and sustainability. In the past, you might have thought you’d need to pick and choose which of these features are most important to you, and select the filter media…
Reading time: 2:20 Summer storms can be a regular problem for pool owners. The severity of a storm will determine the different treatments required to keep your pool looking its best. Most storms will expose your pool to the additional leaves and dirt that can be blown in. But storms can cause hidden, potentially more…
Reading time: 1:30 We all know how much enjoyment we get from our pool and spa. But all the family bonding, the poolside entertaining, the exercise and just the sheer fun of having a pool does come at a cost. And that has a lot to do with the energy-efficiency of your pool. So, here…
Reading time 1:45 – To the inexperienced, it might sound like you need a PhD in Chemistry to look after a swimming pool. Well, nothing could be further from the truth. It’s not complicated, and if you stick with BioGuard products and advice, you can keep your water healthy and sparkling clear all year round.…
Most people recognise oxidation when it occurs in the form of rust on metal, or when apples turn brown when cut. But interestingly enough, it is also the same chemical process that removes all the impurities from your pool or spa water. So, what is oxidation? It’s a bit technical, but in your swimming pool,…
Can the virus that causes COVID-19 spread through pools, hot tubs, spas, and water play areas? With school holidays approaching, more families might consider spending time at the local swimming pool or water play area. But is it safe to do so? It can be hard finding reliable information, especially with the ever-changing climate we…
Reading time: 1:25 Spring has sprung, which means summer is just around the corner! You’ll probably be ready to go swimming in the pool very soon. But, is the pool ready for you to take a dip? If the answer is no, don’t panic, we can help your pool get back to its sparkling self…
Reading time: 1.20 – The only cloudiness you should be seeing this winter is in the sky – not in your spa. But if cloudy spa water is a problem, you can follow these tips to clear things up – and you’ll be soaking rather than sulking. First let’s look at what could be causing…
- Smart pool tips for the silly season
- AFM®ng - a filter media 200% better than sand!
- What to be doin' if a storm's brewin'
- An energy-efficient pool can save a pretty penny
- Keep your pool perfectly balanced
- It's our Sunsational Giveaway!
- Oxidation - bad for fruit, good for your pool
- How to make these guys buzz off
- COVID-Safe Swimming
- A sparkling pool for summer in three simple steps.
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Can you use pool chemicals in the spa?
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Tips for the busy pool owner
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Five tips for a cost-effective spa clean
- Prepare your spa for winter
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump
- What to do if you go away