- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading time: 1.20 – The only cloudiness you should be seeing this winter is in the sky – not in your spa. But if cloudy spa water is a problem, you can follow these tips to clear things up – and you’ll be soaking rather than sulking. First let’s look at what could be causing…
Reading time: 1:15 – One look out the window, and the last thing you’re probably thinking about right now is going for a swim in your pool! But a few simple maintenance steps now, will ensure you can dive right in when the temperature heats up again and you’re not stuck with cleaning when you…
Reading time: 2:00 – The ancient Romans knew all about a spa’s benefits. For Scandinavians, a spa is almost a daily ritual. A soak in a spa or jacuzzi has both physical and mental benefits that can improve our overall health and wellbeing. Benefits that can actually be heightened during the colder months. A good…
Reading time 1:10 – As the temperature drops, turn the thermostat up! For lots of us, winter is spa season. Even if you’re in a part of the country that experiences freezing temperatures, there can be nothing like immersing yourself in that bubbling warm water – and letting the jets blow away the chills! But…
Reading time: 2:50 – Long warm nights are the perfect excuse to pull off the spa cover and enjoy a revitalising and relaxing spa. If you’ve neglected your spa over the summer months, there are a few simple steps you’ll need to do to get everything ready – but after that, running your spa in…
Reading time: 3:10 – For most of us, the ‘pool of our dreams’ includes the surrounding garden. Here, we explain how to create the perfect pool and spa backyard experience – and add value to your investment! Create a setting Two things to remember – yes, you want to create a space that’s utterly relaxing…
Reading time: 2:40 – Anyone who’s had swimming lessons can attest, the pungent smell of a chlorinated pool can be overwhelming. But did you know that the chemical smell isn’t what you think it is? You probably think what you’re smelling is a large dose of chlorine. But in fact, this odour points to the…
Reading time: 3:30 – During a long, hot summer, there’s nothing better than getting some sweet relief by cooling off in the pool! To ensure you don’t get caught out in the heat and your pool is always crystal clear, we’ve put together a summer pool maintenance guide! We recommend following these steps at least…
Reading time: 2:30 – It’s the most wonderful time of the year! We’ve finally gotten over the collective madness that is the holiday season, and now we’re treated to lazy sunny days that turn into beautiful balmy evenings. Which we think calls for one thing… A pool party! But wait – put down that phone!…
- Don’t let cloudy spa water give you the cold shoulder!
- Winter pool maintenance for a swim-ready pool!
- Warm off the winter blues!
- 'Tis the season of the spa!
- How to make the most of your spa in autumn
- Planting a garden around your pool or spa
- Why you should never smell chlorine in your pool
- Your summer pool maintenance guide
- What to do before and after a pool party
- A guide to sanitising your pool
- Keeping your pool energy efficient
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- The BioGuard Sweet Summer Giveaway!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump