- Home »
Welcome to the Healthy Pools Blog
Do you have questions about your pool? Ask our qualified Pool Experts who are on hand to answer questions you might have. Or feel free to browse around and view our existing answers. You can click on the following categories or search through our existing answers by entering keywords into the box below.
Reading time: 3:15 – Nothing’s better than enjoying a hot summer’s day by the pool! And if you want to spend the most amount of time poolside, now’s the perfect time to get it in tip-top condition! Here are our tips for getting your pool water sparkling! Water level Check your water level. If it’s…
Reading time: 2 minutes – Are you looking for new ways to keep the kids active in the warmer months and out of your hair? The backyard pool is home to some of the greatest childhood memories, so we’ve found some activities that will get the kids outdoors, in the pool and entertained for hours!…
Reading time: 2 minutes – Have your kids been nagging you non-stop about putting in a pool? Well, they might be on to something! The benefits of a pool are endless – relaxation, aesthetics, entertainment, exercise, a way to keep the kids occupied… But on top of that, real estate experts suggest that a backyard…
Reading time: 3:40 – Have you noticed your pool water slowly turning cloudy? Or did you wake up to the change overnight? Either way, it’s not something you should ignore! Not only is it ugly to look at, it can also mean that your pool water is unsafe to swim in. And like clouds on…
Reading time: 3:20 – Whether you’ve just installed your dream pool or are looking to refresh your existing one, transforming your backyard pool area into a space that resembles a 5-star resort is easier than you think! Putting in plants around your pool not only elevates your design, but it also improves the overall pool…
Reading time: 4:40 – The sun is finally creeping out from behind the clouds, and although it felt as if it would never end… winter is finally over! And the best thing about that? It’s nearly pool season! Before you pour the celebratory cocktails and invite the entire neighbourhood over for a soiree in the…
Reading time: 2:40 – You’ve reopened your spa for the winter, and put in a bit of time and effort getting it ready for the season. Now that it’s up and running and your water is crystal clear, do you still need to test your water regularly? The resounding answer is yes, you must test…
Reading time: 2:20 – Running a spa doesn’t have to cost you a fortune! Follow our handy tips for reducing your spa energy costs, and throughout the season, you can enjoy lovely warm soaks without breaking the bank. Put a lid on it! The number one way to reduce your spa energy costs is to…
Reading time: 2:30 – When it comes to treating your spa, sanitiser is your best friend! It’s the product that will keep your water clean and healthy by destroying any bacteria that develops. Bacteria thrive in a warm moist environment, so the hot water of your spa is the perfect breeding ground. By ensuring that…
- How to get your pool water sparkling in time for summer!
- Fun pool activities for kids!
- The BioGuard Sweet Summer Giveaway!
- Does a pool add property value?
- Help! My pool water has turned cloudy
- What to plant around a swimming pool
- The BioGuard 3-step pool maintenance program
- Do you need to test your spa water regularly?
- Reduce the power costs for your spa
- A guide to sanitising your spa
- How to complete the perfect spa, just add lights!
- How to maintain your spa this winter
- Seven spas to put on your bucket list
- Bring back your spa to life – fast!
- How hot is too hot? A guide to picking the perfect spa temperature
- A guide to heating your pool
- Help! My pool's turned green
- How To Choose The Right Sized Swimming Pool For You & Your Family
- Do I Really Need To Treat My Pool With Oxidiser?
- How To Maintain Your Salt Pool
- The Ultimate Pool Bucket-List
- Does Water Testing Matter?
- Kit Out Your Pool This Summer
- 9 Best Pool Toys & Accessories for Summer
- Get Your Pool Summer Ready
- AFM - Swimming in Drinking Water!
- How to Avoid Itchy Skin After Swimming
- Swimming Pool Myths – Busted!
- Tips for Entertaining Around Your Pool
- Your Pool Was Born to Sparkle
- Bringing your Pool Back to Life
- How to Prepare your Pool for a Storm
- Spa Safety
- Treating your Pool, Spa and Swim Spa Right
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Spa
- Don't Let Your Sparkle Fade
- Top Spa Trends for 2018
- Spa Season Water Testing Tips
- How to Maintain a Healthy Pool
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Pool
- How much chlorine do you need in your pool?
- Using your pool to hit your fitness goals
- How To Be Sun Smart This Summer
- 5 Products To Have A Healthy Pool All Summer Long
- Top 10 Products from 2017
- BioGuard’s Money Saving New Year’s Resolutions
- The Algae Annihilator
- Keep the ducks out the pool
- Preventing Scale Build-Up
- The Cure To A Green Pool
- The Cool Summer Giveaway!
- Make your pool springtime sparkle
- If you’re swimming – you’re winning!
- Picturesque Pools From Around The World
- Make your pool a Summer Stunner with our 3 Step Program
- Cleaning Your Spa – The After-Party
- The War For Water Conservation
- What is hydrotherapy?
- Work-Life and Finding the SPA Perfect Balance
- Picking the perfect spa for your lifestyle
- Swimming in winter
- Getting your spa maintenance back on track
- Stay Sun Smart in the Pool
- Home Pool Safety
- The most commonly asked pool chemical questions
- New spa design trends and ideas
- Heating your pool
- How to get your dream pool
- Pool toys for fun and fitness
- Swim free with BioGuard
- Cool pool party ideas
- Win a pool cleaner
- How to choose a pool cleaner
- Creating your own outdoor spa retreat
- Swimming for fitness and fun
- Small pools for confined spaces
- Considerations of an above ground pool
- 5 Easy Steps to Maintain Your Pool Pump
- What to look for when buying a new Pool Pump